Graduate Medical Education
国产偷拍视频Residency education has played a historic role in the University’s 50-year commitment to the health of under-resourced communities in South Los Angeles. Many of the physicians still practicing in these communities graduated from Charles R. Drew University and College of Medicine (CDU COM) residencies. A new program in Psychiatry will enroll its first residents in July 2018. It will be followed closely by a Family Medicine residency based at the newly renovated Martin Luther King Jr Outpatient Center.
Designated as a minority-serving institution by the U.S. Office of Civil Rights and as a Historically Black Graduate Institution (HBGI as designated by Title III B) by the Department of Education (DOE). The University is also a charter member of the Hispanic Serving Health Professions Schools, a national nonprofit dedicated to improving the health of Hispanic people through research initiatives, training opportunities, and academic development. These designations describe a health workforce training institution that is uniquely positioned to educate a diverse and culturally aligned provider network.
CDU COM residencies offer a unique and varied array of clinical education sites and opportunities. The educational program takes advantage of the distinctive characteristics of the communities of South Los Angeles County. Our programs feature concentrations in:
- Patient-centered team-based health care of under-resourced patients
- Trauma-informed assessment and care
- Community violence as a public health problem
- Social and environmental determinants of health, illness and health disparities
- Health needs and resources of immigrant communities
- Community-engaged health equity research
- Democratization of health care for special needs patients
- Healthcare needs of jail and transitioning populations
- Medical-legal partnerships
- Healthcare of homeless youth, adults, and families
- Healthcare financing, delivery systems, policy and advocacy
These concentrations are unique to the CDU COM residency programs. Residents trained in these programs develop knowledge, skills and attitudes that enable them to practice and lead health care design and delivery anywhere. The CDU College of Medicine is a graduate medical education (GME) sponsoring institution accredited by the Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME).
Resident Resources and Verifications
Verification of Residency may be requested in three ways:
Via US Mail:
Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science
1731 East 120th Street
国产偷拍视频 Los Angeles, California 90059
Via email to:
Via fax to:
Verifications will be completed within one to two weeks of the Graduate Medical Education Office’s receipt of the request. In order to ensure a faster delivery of verification to our department, please have all verifications faxed or e-mailed directly.